If you check your website statistics you will notice that your traffic drops off during the weekend.
If you are looking to stop your drop in weekend traffic, then I have some suggestions that might work for you with a little extra effort on your part.
Increase Traffic to Your Site on this Weekend
In order to increase weekend traffic to your site you need to target websites with regular traffic flow and large number of users that can send visitors to your site.
These strategies are short-term and will allow you to get traffic to your site soon after implementation. You might also get more traffic to your site during the weekdays, which is a definite plus.
- Comment on Other Blogs- Most blogs are not updated during the weekend but there are some that do. You need to find those and comment on those. You need to focus on the blogs with lots of traffic and try to be one of the first to comment. Make your comment relevant to the topic and you will increase your likelihood of others visiting your site.
- Network on Social Sites- Participate by interacting and posting on relevant forums, social networks like Facebook, and news sites like Digg and Reddit. People will always participate on online communities and you will get some visitors if you join in.
- Pitch Your Website via Email – Send an email to your subscribers to promote your website. You can create and send a weekly wrap-up email on Saturdays. Those subscribers that check their email on the weekend may decide to visit your site and check it out.
- Blog Traffic Exchanges – I’m not a big fan of blog traffic exchanges but there is a chance that you can get traffic. Blog Traffic Exchanges operate based on a reciprocal viewing ratio. You will have to manually surf and visit various blogs in the network, in return for other users to visit your blog.
- Have Others Promote Your Blog – You can outsource some of your marketing efforts and have someone else promote your site for the weekend.
I recommend #5 because the first four strategies can be time consuming for you during the weekend. I don’t know about you but I do not want to spend any of my weekend in front of the computer.
I would love to hear if any of these ideas help generate more traffic for you on the weekend.
Do you have any other strategies that I may have overlooked? What would be the top strategy to implement if you had to choose just one?